Certified Professional Dog Trainer & Small Animal Massage Practitioner
Dogs: Jetta, Stella, Rogue, Viggo & Whip
Heather's passion for dogs has inspired a career working with dogs that is based on a natural ability to understand and work with animals, a diverse background of experience and a foundation of formal education in many facets of the dog industry. Heather has been actively working in the dog industry for 16 years. In those years, she has had the privilege to learn from different animal professionals, with diverse experience in the field as follows:
- Owner - Good Dog Wellness Inc., including Good Dog Ranch & Spa: Daycare, Boarding, Training of all levels and types as well as Good Dog Academy Instructor
- Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers - Knowledge Assessed: independent certification body measuring range of knowledge and skills in ethology, learning theory, dog training technique and instruction. To keep this designation, Heather has to maintain a standard of ongoing education approved by the CCPDT, ensuring that her skills are current with high industry standards.
- DOGSAFE Canine First Aid Certified - Level 1 and Level 2
- Certified Professional Dog Trainer (CPDT, PPSEC CertifiedBen Kersen, graduated top of her class)
- Currently enrolled in Brenda Aloff’s online Academy, focusing on exploring science-based dog training theory
- City of Coquitlam Bylaw and Animal Control Kennel Attendant
- City of Coquitlam Dog Trainer (taught all City of Coquitlam Obedience classes and Dog Body Language workshops)
- City of Coquitlam Shelter dog behaviour consultant (created & facilitated training programs for difficult dogs)
- City of Coquitlam Shelter Volunteer Educator (seminars and individual training on volunteer safety, dog handling and training skills)
- Animal Massage Practitioner (SAMP designation - Northwest School of Animal Massage)
- Professional pet groomer (dogs and cats at busy professional grooming salon)
- Veterinary technician/assistant (in clinic trained for performing medical procedures and assisting in surgeries specializing in x-ray and restraint of aggressive animals)
- Heather personally owns five rescue dogs. Through her own pack of adopted dog, she has proven that no matter what background a dog has had, you can bring each individual dog to their full potential with consistent leadership and good training.
Heather's diverse background is the driving force behind the unique, customized way that she approaches all of the dogs that she trains, and the dogs she cares for at the Good Dog Ranch & Spa. With a strong understanding that every dog/human team is unique, she strives to help bring back the fun in that relationship at the same time establishing a healthy working bond based on mutual respect.