UPCOMING Class start dates
wednesday, march 7 @ 7:45pm
sunday, March 11 @ 9:00am - 2 spots
tuesday, april 10 @ 7:15pm
thursday, May 3 @ 7:15pm
sunday, may 6 @ 9:00am
tuesday, June 12 @ 6:00pm
tuesday, march 13 @ 6:00pm - 1 spot
Thursday, March 29 @ 6:00pm - FULL
sunday, april 15 @ 10:15am- FULL
TUESDAY, May 1 @ 6:00PM
Thursday, May 17 @ 6:00pm
tuesday, May 22 @ 7:15pm
saturday, June 3 @ 10:15am
Skills & Manners - Part 1 & 2
This class is for ALL ages, from puppy to senior.
If you dog has some skills, but isn’t very reliable with distractions, or if your dog is brand new to training, start or re-start here. This program is like no other program. You get our entire foundation obedience program and the skills to have a well-mannered dog all in this 12 week program! Our Skills & Manners Program is conveniently split into two 6 week sets, Part 1 and Part 2, to allow you to break up the schedule and complete it at a pace that works for you. In each 6 week set we will meet once a week for one hour.
In this program we teach the following 14 commands:
- 7 Obedience Commands - sit, down, stand, come, loose leash, heel, distance commands
- 7 Behaviour Commands - focus, leave it, out, place (bed/mat), settle, quiet, touch/target
What are some things you can expect from this class?
All 12 classes are with the dogs and your orientation comes via video to watch at home, so we get right to work in the first class to get the best results from your dog!
Learn how to get your dog to focus on you instead of the environment! No more Captain Distraction!
Learn how to teach your dog to leave your valued objects alone and only chew or play with toys that are meant for your dog.
Learn how to teach your dog not to jump up to great you or other people.
Learn how to get your dog to LOVE returning to you when you say "Come!"
Learn how to enjoy walks with an introduction to loose leash manners.
Learn how to manage your dog's hyperactivity without adding more time exercising your dog to your already busy schedule, so you can relax and enjoy your dog more at home.
Learn how to get consistent and reliable response from your dog, even around distractions.
UPCOMING CLASS START DATE(S)
rocky point park
saturday, april 21 @ 11:45am
sunday, may 6 @ 11:45am
saturday, march 10 @ 11:45am - FULL
sunday, june 3 @ 1pm
saturday, march 24 @ 1:00pm- 2 SPots
sunday, june 24 @ 1Pm
Good Dogs in the City
Who should take this class?
If your dog listens great at home, but acts like you haven’t taught them anything when there are other people, dogs or distractions around, then this is the class for you! Join us for Good Dogs in the City - Training for real life!
This drop in style class is the next step for graduates of Skills & Manners - Part 1 or 2 or those who have equivalent handling skills and are ready to work with your dog in real life scenarios around all kinds of distractions. Classes will be held at different locations and use exercises and games to practice and advance your training each week. Drop in to all of them or just one or two. Classes will rotate through 4 different locations, so if you miss a location or topic, you can always jump in the next time it is offered.
Topics that we cover in this class:
- Manners training around other people and dogs
- Pay attention to you around distractions
- Stay with distractions
- Come command around distractions
- Leash manners
- Socialization to new sounds, objects and places
- Continuing your skills to Intermediate - Advanced level obedience.
Pre-requisite: Skills & Manners - Part 1, private lesson or assessment. Register in advance, as space is limited. No reactive dogs please. If you are experiencing reactivity, contact us to tell us about your dog and we'll provide you with program options based on your goals.
UPCOMING Class START DATE(S):
thursday, march 15 @ 6:00pm - studio - 1 sPOT
sunday, march 25 @ 11:30am - studio
sunday, april 15 @ 11:30am - studio
thursday, may 10 @ 6:00pm - studio
sunday, may 27 @ 11:30am - Studio
thursday, june 21 @ 7:15pm - studio
Puppy Fun Hour
This one-hour class is designed to maximize learning and socialization during this important developmental stage for your puppy. This curriculum is different than the Skills & Manners class! This class covers topics specific to the puppy stage of development, such as:
- Common “puppy problem behaviours” like mouthing, nipping, house soiling, crate training
- Greeting other puppies, adults dogs and people politely and what to do when your puppy is unsure about greetings
- Confidence building exercises and how to introduce your puppy to new situations appropriately
- Puppy level obedience and introduction to off leash control
Recommended age 3 months - 5 months*
*Small breeds are welcome in Puppy Fun Hour up to 8 months of age.
* All puppies must be up to date on their vets recommended vaccination schedule for Parvo/Distemper and Rabies
All dogs must be up to date on their vets recommended vaccination schedule for Bordetella, Parvo/Distemper and Rabies.
Your dog must be approved to attend this class
Reactive Rover Hour
For graduates of our Reactive Rover program who want extra practice with your reactive dog.
What we cover in Reactive Rover Hour:
- Develop and improve skills around other dogs and people
- Practice with your dog in a safe environment with appropriate distance between dogs
- Focus of this class is primarily exercises involving movement (walk by’s) between the dogs